This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Legal page for more information.
I actually enjoy going to baby showers. Is that weird? Lots of people complain about being invited to baby showers, but I’ve always enjoyed them! I like seeing the glowing mom-to-be and admiring all the adorable baby gifts. I even like the cheesy games. But my favorite part is selecting my gift for baby! One of my favorite baby shower gift ideas is this baby shower gift basket with a laundry theme that I recently put together for a very sweet couple expecting their first child.
The best part of this laundry-themed baby shower gift basket is that it can be as personalized or generic as you’d like. For instance, it would be so easy to keep this gender-neutral if the couple isn’t finding out the baby’s sex. In this case, the couple knew they were expecting a little boy. Putting together the items in this gift basket brought me back to the time when I was expecting my little man! It seems like it was just yesterday. So hard to believe that he is practically 2 and a half now! Excuse me while I cry for a minute…
Here’s an overview of the items I included in this laundry theme baby shower gift basket:
- Baby Laundry Detergent: I looooove the way baby detergent smells! I want to use it on all my family’s clothes.
- Baby Laundry Stain Remover: Honestly, I didn’t even know baby stain remover was a thing until I was shopping for this gift basket! But I had to grab some because babies = stains. Lots and lots of stains.
- Bleach: See above re: stains.
- Fabric Softener: I couldn’t resist the sweet mom and baby on this package!
- Dryer Sheets: Can’t do laundry without dryer sheets! OK, I actually know some people who do, but I don’t understand how their clothes don’t stick to them all the time. I can always tell if I forgot to put in the dryer sheet!
- Laundry Delicates Bag: These are a must-have for washing and drying tiny baby socks.
- Nursery Hangers: Something to hang all of baby’s laundry on!
- Baby Outfit: Since this was a couples shower, I selected this “Daddy’s Little Superstar” outfit so Dad wouldn’t feel left out.
- Cloth Diaper: The couple had registered for cloth diapers, so I figured I could help start their stash.
- Burp Cloths: You know these will be in the laundry quite often during those newborn days! Make your own using these cloth diaper inserts and sewing on some cute fabric!
- Baby Socks: You can never have too many socks… especially when they have a tendency to get lost in the wash.
I made the clothesline by attaching skewers to the basket with twine, then using clothespins to attach the little socks. The clothesline is my favorite part of the whole gift basket!
I plan on making many more of these baby shower gift baskets in the future. It’s such an easy gift to customize and every parent can use extra laundry supplies! I remember our washer running basically 24/7 after Colton was born. He was a reflux baby, so there was a lot of spit-up. On him, on us, on everything. I suppose I can end this post now that I’ve given you that visual.
Pin these Baby Shower Gift Ideas for later!